Monday, January 7, 2013

Kids In Medicine



As I mentioned earlier (see the post), I was working with other leaders to arrange a date for the Kids in Medicine Fieldtrip.  The date we agreed on is Friday, Feb. 8 at 4pm.  The fieldtrip is 2 1/2 hours and it will be downtown Seattle.  I will need help carpooling.

Please RSVP ASAP (no later than Fri. 1/11) since we have to meet a minimum number of girls.
There will be a $40 charge for the fieldtrip.

Now, a little life lesson from me.  Please be respectful of  yourself and others.  This is a real science lab with real equipment.  There will be dissection and viewing human organs.  Not everyone is interested in science - in fact many people find the graphic discussion of physiology disgusting - just mention blood or mucous at the dinner table and you will see what I mean.  If you love science, this is a lesson in life - be aware of your audience when talking about it and be respectful if you notice someone is uncomfortable around the topic (as cool as the human body is, vomit is never cool).  If you are at all squeamish, this is not the fieldtrip for you.  It is ok to opt out and be true to who you are!  Take it from me - I grew up dissecting anything that came my way, and I can tell you at least story about my mom fainting in the emergency room when I was getting stitches...

No comments:

Post a Comment